Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not Quite Like The Greatest


  I love the feeling of a good win - false as it might be.

Work is really starting to ramp up and I haven't had a lot of time lately to just chill. This coming week will be no diferent.

I set up my old Playstation and Sega Genisis the other day as I was unpacking the rest of my office. And there they were - all the games I'd spent countless hours hacking away at while I should have been studying. I couldn't resist.

They're so much cooler now because I still know the games by heart! Beat the game in one sitting - no problem. Then you remember how hard it was to beat this guy and how it used to piss you off.

"Well not this time Mike Tyson - your ass is mine cause I'm sooo good now!!!"

And it really does make me feel better.

Truth is, I know there's a sequel to that game that could destroy my Lil' Mac character.

All this made me think about my career. It's easy to feel good about winning things we know we can win. Beating Iron Mike is easy if you've done it before. But going back to the games I didn't beat and either beating them or learning how is what truly makes us better.

No comments: