Thursday, January 29, 2009

Putting it Down

January is coming to a close and so are a myriad of projects started this month. I feel comfortable saying this month will be a victory - for many reasons.

I'm back in the ring and that's the most important thing. Second, I can feel it starting to come back in a ton of ways. I can see where I'm doing well and where I need ot improve.

For now, I'm just going to put this fighter down and take the W.

It wasn't pretty though - and it shows I have much training to do. This one should have gone down much easier. Bobby Knight was right about Ws and Ls - but we haven't addressed the training aspect of things. I have much to do in the gym - both figuratively and literally. But I survived on raw talent.

Two Freeskier travel stories for the magazine, four online stories, two temporarily confidential in-depth work proposals, drill weekend with locked orders to Commander Navy Region Northwest, maintaining school, my 9-3 work study, Surfrider volunteering and being a respectable father and husband - it was a tough fight.

But I did it. Done and this is the point within the match where I this one in the books. Now to make sure I build on it.

No comments: