Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Company

I spent last evening drinking it blue - even though I knew it was only gonna get worse by the morning. That didn't lessen my motivation. By the time I turned in last night (around 1 a.m.) the storm was barely breaking ashore. We also expected it to keep moving at about 15 kmh.

Apparently our gender-neutral storm likes it here and has come to all but a complete hault while having tracked about 50 kilometers south of where we thought - putting Manila right under the eye and us catching some pretty serious wind/rain bands. The winds are still very strong. The gusts hitting right now as I type this are at least 50 mph if not more.

At this point we can pretty much count on having the storm around for another 8 hours or so. Until then, the Navy CARAT team is hunkering down (aka chillin' at the hotel beach bar).


No comments: