Sunday, October 17, 2010

Transexual Storm



Here she comes! Typhoon Megi, as she is to the rest of the world, is Typhoon Juan here in the Philippines. According to the international weather stations, the Philippine weather services rename every storm that comes into their Area of Responsibility (AOR). After two weeks here, I'm not surprised at all.


Have no fear here in Olongapo. Even though this beach resort is literally on the water, we're not really expecting much as it's hitting about 150 miles north of us. Just based on my experience here so far of really shotty internet when it's at its best and a power grid based off designs more than a century old. I wish I had a photo to insert here. Even though this resort will weather the storm just fine, I'm still planning on losing power and my precious interweb. Boo hoo right? I could live on the north end of this island, most likely in poverty with an agricultural job (which most likely won't exist tomorrow) and a bamboo hut of a house that probably won't be there tomorrow either. 

No comments: