Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

And you know the rest of the chorus to the song.


This is hardly the first time I've referenced these guys and possibly not the first time I've referenced this song. I guess the point is - I get it. I know what Jagger was thinking about when he wrote this little piece of genius. That's how life goes. We know what we want and we're heading toward it - that is until we realize we aren't getting it and end up getting what we need instead - usually unbeknown to ourselves.

And once again I'm reminded about the value of getting what you need and less what you thought you wanted. It's a good thing life has its way of making this happen for us. Otherwise, we might just be moving too fast in one direction to take in the things we truly need. Somewhere inside what is a disappointment or a shortcoming, there is truly an unforeseen value. I get it and I'm very thankful for that.

No comments: