Monday, August 10, 2009

Perspective Change















I'm having the most incredibly creative and vivid dreams every night. This strikes me as odd because normally I either don't remember my dream or am blown away by how real or scary the dream was.

But these dreams are neither. They aren't limited to anything - a talking bull who really thinks I (and all humans) would have a better relationship with cows if we didn't think they were so stupid. How about the multiple ones ranging from living in suburban New Jersey or Florida to rural New York or Sierra Mountains and even some at-sea living. And the people are, with no consistency, people I've met from anywhere in my entire life to people I've either never met or cannot remember. None of these dreams have much to do with anything current either.

The oddest thing about any of this is how I'm not afraid or disturbed by the dreams as they're happening. There have been many pretty gnarly graphic dreams about gory traffic accidents and such, but I'm reasonably cool as can I be.

Even when I wake up, which was many times each night during the heat wave, I fall back asleep and got another one every time.

And when I wake in the morning for the last time, the only thing grabbing my attention is the clarity and my rational approach to each dream.

This all started in Thailand. Kind of makes sense. It was as prolific of an experience as any I've had in my life in so many ways. Read back if you need proof. Let's not forget a lot of memories from a lot of people were resurrected just by being there. Those dreams in Thailand weren't that surprising - but now I'm not really sure.

I have a great theory about this. Now, I'm far from qualified to be certain about this - it's just a hypothesis w/out professional input on the situation.

My mind, more specifically subconscious, has been like a piggy bank over my life. Every memory I don't hold onto goes into it somewhere. After about 30 years, it's starting to fill up. Actually it might be full. Kind of feels that way.

Anywho, it's time to take everything out and start sorting it. Or maybe it's like dirty laundry and my brain just finally needs some new underwear. Time to start going through the dirty laundry.

Well let's say you turn your piggy bank or laundry chute upside down and want stuff to come out. Stuff's been piling up in there for decades and now it's pretty compacted. You have to do something pretty drastic to get things flowing. But once it breaks - it all comes rushing out.

And that's what's happening to me every night and I'm catching bits and pieces of the more interesting coins or laundry pieces as they fall out of the chute. Well now it's flowing fast and lots is coming out.

All in all, it's a good thing. Because we can all stand to clean up our own dirty laundry piles. Just how much dirty laundry (or money) could be in here?

No comments: