Thursday, August 13, 2009

Craigslist: Free Brilliant Writing

Today was exceptionally slow. Then it came to a stop while interwebbing away during my glorious work study at Worksource Grays Harbor.

I ran across this wonderfully articulated piece in the most unlikely place - craigslist.org. It was in the "Best of Craigslist" section, which I highly recommend you check out. But check out this one first.




Here's a little intro to the piece. Click anywhere in the text to read the rest.

An Apology To Veterans and Seniors


Date: 2009-07-11, 8:29AM PDT


I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to two groups of Americans: our military veterans, and all senior citizens who are members of the World War II era, also known as The Greatest Generation. I want to apologize for myself and my generation not doing our part to be more like you. You sacrificed, took risks, did without, and delayed gratification of one sort or another for a cause greater than yourselves.

My generation and the rest of the American population has been rather cowardly
...

No comments: