Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Moment's Notice

 KC was turning to walk out my front door when he snickered and half-kiddingly said I should come w/ him back to Reno.

So I did.














And I pitched four stories to my editor - three of which were picked up and now I'm on assignment. Then I got the forecast for flights from Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento to McChord Air Force Base near Olympia. Looks like I'm in luck - knock on wood. KC drove from Oly to Bend, Ore., where we met w/ Rage Films' Dan Norkunas and his girlfriend Amy at the Deschutes Brewery.

We stayed the night at Dan's house in frigid Bend where the regional temperatures dipped below -25 Fahrenheit. They were still about -10 degrees this morning as we left to check out the very impressive
Rage Films offices/studios. They have everything from administrative offices to corporate conference meeting rooms and complete green screen room w/ 20-foot ceilings to a complete music recording studio. Rage has everything any media professional could ask for.

From Rage it was onward to Reno. KC ponied up to drive the entire leg while I attempted to get work done tethering internet from my iPhone - which worked surprisingly well considering we were somewhere between rural Oregon and rural California and Nevada.

And about 36 hours after 30 minutes worth of planning I'm here in Reno and ready to go. First big snow storm is scheduled for Saturday into Sunday. Nailed it yet again!

No comments: