Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Revelstoked

The closer to 30 I get the closer I get to Revelstoke!



It's hard to believe I'll wait till I'm 30 to go cat or heli skiing. Not that anyone should feel a heli skiing trip should come before the big 3-0, but because I've worked so close to the industry for so long and so many of my friends have gone already.

Well by no means am I bitching. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and events come - well you get the idea. And the fact I'll be doing both likely more than once this season leaves me more than humbled. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for being out of shape for next week's Revelstoke trip. But let's be honest - I'm really celebrating being 30 and still skiing - two things that just didn't seem like they'd be mixing.

Lastly, I think it's about high time I celebrate success. I'll dive into this a bunch more in a later post, but 2009 is clearly the best year I can remember. It just hasn't stopped and I'm finally starting to believe I can continue doing it. I've never been this far down the road before and the scenery is beautiful.

So I'm sending 2009 out the way it deserves - from Nelson, BC at Revelstoke. May it be from the chairs, cats or helis - I'm sure to have a trip to remember!

No comments: