Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Big Chill

I spent at least 20 minutes slowly rocking with Hannah in a hammock under the trees in my backyard yesterday afternoon. Right then, while having a casual chat w/ Hannah, I haven't relaxed more than a year.

From UrbanDictionary.com

1. chillin 587 up, 73 down

relaxing doing nothing special.
a:whut chu doin?
b:chillin

This really affects consciousness and the way I respond to day-to-day life. So rather than drink a beer, smoke a cigarette, scream or do any of the other activities we all do to "decompress" or "blow off steam," I just relaxed on a sunny mother's day w/ my family.

Lindsay and I brought Hannah to her first real birthday party for a friend - Bella. The girls had a fantastic time while we just sat back and watched her be herself. After the party Mor Mor took her for a girl's night and Lindsay finally got the time alone we've been starving for.

We checked in w/ some friends at a house-warming party for a few hours before driving our new (new to us) car around w/ late-night lattes followed by engaging conversation about us, real life and how we want things to be. We came away w/ some great direction and mutual understanding. It's nice to be on the same page again.

More of the same today and I'm still feeling very here and very in the moment. This has been missing for a very long time and I'm the one who's been missing it the whole time.

No comments: