Monday, November 16, 2009

No Shame in My Game


The more I do this the easier it gets - shamelessly plugging myself of course.

What used to seem conceited or egocentric is now part of my daily routine of writing about myself and airing out probably more than I should in order to maintain an active online presence and personality.

But there's something undeniably cool about walking into Barnes and Noble, picking up a magazine and reading your own story. It's even better when someone else does it and you get to watch their reaction. That's the best.

The last time I did this was back at Powder in 2005, so getting back in the game is really rewarding. I've got four stories coming out this season in ski magazines. Factor that plus the Navy work and I'd say it's been quite the productive year - probably my best ever.

So go grab the latest issue of Freeskier Magazine. Read my piece about Mt. Baker. I promise it's a goody!

Lastly, there's something very satisfying about life in general right now. It's taken a lot of work to get here, will take more to maintain this level and even more to move to the next level. In due time I suppose.

Maybe that entry the other night about going the distance is ringing true. The struggles associated w/ getting these stories into print are finally over. In many ways it's difficult to sit back and appreciate this achievement while trying to hard to get more for next year.

I suppose it's time to sit down, watch my new ski video and drink a beer. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

No comments: