Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Canadian Marathon




Finally made it - after more than 12 hours on the road. I'm back in Revelstoke for a follow-up story to my report last week on the resort's preparations for the Freeskiing World Tour stop here.

The drive shouldn't have taken the 12 hours it did, but I managed to forget my suitcase in Olympia. So you guessed it. I got across the border only to turn around ten minutes later and head back to Seattle where my lovely wife met me with my stuff so I could get on my way back up here. What a mess.

Furthermore, I woke up early yesterday morning to get a jump on the work I know I need to get done my first day of this trip. Here I am up 24 hours later and one country to the north.

I'm nearly delirious from the drive, but made the whole thing and even managed to get the better portion of what I needed to done yesterday. I've got the next few hours to finish up and then get some sleep. The secret lies in Chai tea - you can do anything on that stuff.

I'll be here for the next few days trying to tie up at least three stories and get them off my plate of things to do. Then it's submitting my school contract, figuring out my MGIB status and sleeping - in no particular order.

No comments: