Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"It's All Coming Back"



Go ahead and admit it. You know that Celine Dion song. Matter of fact - it's planted in your head and you can deal w/ how to get rid of it now too.

I've been dealing w/ it all day since I told Lance me how my skiing came back to me today while on the lift at Homewood. And then he dropped the chorus.

Yeah - he knows the words I didn't know.

I've been excessively conservative in the way I've skied for nearly two seasons now. Well that's shedding away and today was really the first time I started getting after it again. I honestly believe a lot of it has to do with the geography. I'm really familiar w/ Tahoe - the terrain and snow type.

I finally spun a three on my new JJs, got crazy comfortable on my ARGs and learned how to ski that JJ in absolutely any condition. I can feel my weakness in my legs, but so much more in my core. I have nearly no abdominal or back strength. It's time to hit the gym and keep going harder. This season is going fantastic thus far, but my physical condition is limiting what I get done for sure. Doing my physical therapy wouldn't be a bad idea either. It's a priority upon my return.

The most important thing is my comfort level on my gear at this point - finally.

No comments: