Friday, December 19, 2008

Happiness Is...


It's kind of funny really - happiness that is. I'm really happy here. You probably wouldn't be happy here.
See that mountain in the background? It's Mt. Baker. That cloud over the top is either one of two things - blowing snow or a stratus cloud effect. Both are caused by extremely high winds. And the winds during this photo and the others shot that day are sustained at about 50 mph. Temperatures were hovering around the zero mark as well. Feels like a Northern New York winter day.
Well I dropped into amazing powder lines, dodged a respectable avalanche and got my ass kicked on the hike. I need more time in the gym and on my skis. Let's fix that. Check out the rest of Lance's photos here.

2 comments:

Lindy-loo said...

You look blissed-out! I'm so glad that you're getting to ski, and that it makes you feel at home :)

Jason said...

Well thank you for reading. That's awesome - and you even commented! How sweet! Now I should read yours.