Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Act Your Age

My last Thai visit I was 19 years old and barely a year out of high school with even less time in the Navy. I behaved accordingly.

This time around I'm a 29-year-old husband and father - and not acting accordingly. Rather than go out and buy underwear, I spent my money on a remote control helicopter. I couldn't resist. It's made of all flexible materials and can resist crashing.














Let's be honest though - we'll be luck if this sucker makes out of country.

I did, however, get a fantastic manicure and pedicure for a whopping 300 baht - roughly about $10 American.














Tonight it's off to the Buddhist temple for a candle ceremony. It's part of Buddha Day here in Thailand. Most establishments, including the raciest girlie and go-go bars will abstain from serving alcohol to kick off three months of alcohol fasting for many and temple life for a chosen few.

There are shrines like this one all over the place. Some joker here thought Buddha needed a beer.

No comments: