Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good Morning Vietnam! (from Pattaya)

Adrian Croanauer was a military journalist. The US military started coming to this place for RnR just a few years before he did his thing in Vietnam.

Well the US military is still here with journalists (public affairs elements) in tact - me and another lucky guy.

This is Pattaya and it's a world away from anything back in the states. Las Vegas is absolutely owned by Pattaya and its counterpart across the sea in Phuket. Anything goes in these towns that sex and the US military built one happy ending-at-a-time.

What was then still exists and is evident by the beer bars and girls we passed while my taxi drive got lost on the way here. It's presence is unavoidable, but it's part of the culture. I'm doing my best not to let it weigh me down - trying to focus on the more positive aspects of this truly amazing place.

I'll be reporting more after my first daily massage in 3 - 2 - 1!

NOW!

No comments: