Friday, July 17, 2009

Beat Down

I hadn't found a place to use these awesome photos yet, but the following is definitely appropriate. This is from a few days ago where I got to tango w/ some Thai boxers. The following entry is more appropriate - I think.



















By the time I got the midnight call to rework some stuff it was too late. I'd let more errors slip by. Numbers - I hate them in all forms. They're even worse when they involve repetition or are part of an equation. In this case they added up to me repeating the same mistake. This kind of stuff is my kryptonite.

It's these kinds of things that take me out. Admittedly, it's by my own choice. This time is completely different. Now I don't feel like falling out of the match. Now whether that's because the hit wasn't as hard or the fighter is stronger - I don't know for sure. Probably a stronger fighter, stronger hit and stronger will to get back up.















If you get blocked and hit in the face every time you drop a left hook, it's time to either use a different punch or change the way you throw a left hook. I'm doing both and that's the sign of a stronger and wiser fighter.

No comments: